Visiting your cardiologist on a regular basis is key to a healthy life. Whether you have chronic heart disease or are just coming in for a checkup, we want to make sure you have all the facts you need to make an educated decision about your health.
What a heart problem can present as?
Many symptoms or complaints can be a real heart problem and we don't know, like:
- Chest pain, arm pain, shoulder pain, even jaw pain, all can be signs of heart attack or angina.
- Dizziness, passing out.
- Shortness of breath with walking or exertion, it's not always "aging".
- Persistent high blood pressure ! can be more than just a high number.
- Racing heart or fluttering in the chest, skipping beats can indicate a serious heart problem.
- Leg pain and cramps might not be all arthritis, vascular diseases of the legs cause pain as well.
Services that are provided in our office include:
- Initial Cardiac Consultation and follow up as indicated.
- Optimization of Coronary artery disease prevention and treatment including management of High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, and Diabetes Mellitus.
- Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy management.
- EKGs and Echocardiogram
- Stress Tests (exercise treadmill test, stress echocardiogram, nuclear stress test).
- Heart Rhythm monitors,(24-hour Holters, event monitors).
- Vascular ultrasounds
- Invasive heart testing (heart catheterizations are usually done in the hospital).
- Heart Disease
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room.