Your cardiologist in Olney, MD, can protect your health.
You may not be thinking about your heart, but your cardiologist is. That’s why it’s important to know when you should see your heart expert. Your cardiologist. Dr. Leith Abdulla offers comprehensive cardiology services. He has two convenient office locations in Olney, and Rockville, MD, to help you stay healthy.
Your cardiologist is a vital part of your healthcare team and can keep you and your heart healthy. You should see your cardiologist if you:
- Smoke, because smoking causes less oxygen to reach your vital organs, including your heart, and it can be a major risk of acquiring heart disease. Smoking can also increase blood clotting, which can cause a stroke.
- Have high blood pressure, because a blood pressure reading higher than 120/80 puts you at greater risk of a heart attack. The right medication regimen from your cardiologist can keep your blood pressure under control.
- Have high cholesterol, because a cholesterol level of 200mg/dl or higher can put you at greater risk of narrowed arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis, which can lead to heart disease.
- Have a family history of heart disease, because heart problems can have a genetic component that could put you at higher risk of developing heart problems yourself.
You should also see your Olney, MD, cardiologist if you are experiencing acute heart symptoms, including:
- A squeezing or tightening in your chest
- Chest pain that radiates to different areas, including your jaw, neck, or arms
- Chest pain that doesn’t go away or is getting worse
- Chest pain accompanied by breathing problems, sweating, and pale skin
- Heart palpitations or an irregular, fast pulse
Your cardiologist can help you and your heart stay healthy. To find out more about when it’s time for you to see your cardiologist, call Dr. Abdulla, in Olney, MD, at (301) 774-5260, or at his office in Rockville, MD, at (301) 881-5858. Protect your health by calling today!